Links to Other Resources
Other legal aid or pro bono providers
- Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (legal aid)
- City of Hammond Legal Aid Clinic (Hammond residents only)
- Indiana Bar Foundation: Appeals
- Indiana Attorney General: Consumer Fraud/ID Theft etc.
- Federal Trade Commission: ID Theft
- Ask an Indiana volunteer lawyer questions on-line: Free Legal Answers
- Guardianship Forms and Instructions: Kids Voice
- Immigration help: Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
- Child Support Prosecutor
- Do it Yourself Court forms
- Child Support Calculator
- Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines
- Child Support Withholding Order
- Child Support Payment Form
- Establishment of Paternity:
- Lake County: 1. Petition 2. Instructions
- Other Counties: 1. Petition 2. Instructions
Bar Associations' Directories of Attorneys (Not Pro Bono):
Lake County Family Law Cases: lakecountykids.org
Job Training & Employment:
Local Government Offices:
Why do lawyers volunteer?
"The basic responsibility for providing legal services for those unable to pay ultimately rests upon the individual lawyer, and personal involvement in the problems of the disadvantaged can be one of the most rewarding experiences in the life of a lawyer." Comment , Rule 6.1. Pro Bono Publico Service, Indiana Rules of Professional Conduct.
Our Indiana lawyers take this advice very seriously. They went to law school in part to be able to help folks who have important legal problems. They are very generous with their time and their talents because you need their help and they care that our legal system is available to everybody in a meaningful and helpful way.