How To Apply
ELIGIBILITY FOR SERVICES:
Income & Resources:
Your gross household income from all sources must not exceed 125% of FPL guidelines.
(Example: 3 person household: weekly gross income from all sources not over $475.72)
- Seniors (60 & up) - 150% (Example: 1 person household: weekly gross income from all sources not over $337.00)
- Foreclosure Defense (primary residence only) - 250% (Example: 2 person household: weekly gross income from all sources not over $756.00)
Civil Cases Only:
- Residence: You must reside in Lake, Porter, Jasper, or Newton County.
- Criminal: We do not handle. Defendants who cannot afford an attorney can ask the Court to appoint a public defender.
- We do not make referrals for lawsuits seeking money damages. you may be able to obtain referrals to attorneys who handle these cases for a fee by contacting your local bar association.
- Appeals: To apply for pro bono assistance with appeal of a civil case, please contact the Indiana Bar Foundation.
Problems We Can Assist:
- Family law: Divorce, paternity, child support, parenting time, custody, guardianship of minors, adoption.
- Housing: tenant/landlord issues, foreclosure defense, warranty of habitability, title to property.
- Consumer: fair debt collection, bankruptcy
- Elder law: simple probate/estates, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, guardianship of impaired adults
- Not-for-profit organizational matters.
- Referrals for immigration and naturalization
HOW DO I APPLY?
We will need complete information,with details, about you, your legal problem, and the name of all persons involved in your case. THESE ARE NOT ONLINE FILLABLE FORMS.
1. Download and complete our Application
2. Also download and complete an additional information form, if listed, for your type of legal problem:
- For Divorce/Post-Divorce Case ALSO complete: Divorce_Post Divorce Additional Information
- For Family Case where Parties Never Married ALSO complete: Additional Information Paternity/No Marriage
- For Guardianship of Minor Children ALSO complete: Guardianship of Minor Child
- For Guardianship of an Impaired Adult ALSO complete: Guardianship of Impaired Adult
- For Housing Case ALSO complete: Additional Information for Housing Case
- For Expungement ALSO complete: Expungement_Questionnaire.pdf; Criminal_History_Check.pdf and Official_Copy_Driver_Record.pdf
3. Mail, Email or Fax your completed forms to our office
IF YOUR CASE IS IN LAKE COUNTY AND INVOLVES FAMILY LAW ( Divorce, Paternity, Custody,Parenting Time, Support or Guardianship of a Minor Child), PLEASE ALSO SEE ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS AT : LakeCountyKids.org